Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Utility China Love ❤

I have developed an obsession over the last few months for 'Utility China' and I have already gathered quite a stash. By utility china I mean the plain pastel china that was produced during the war, the kind of stuff that can be found in church halls all over the country.



I am no expert in all matters of Utility china, but the main pieces I have been collecting are by Johnson Brothers and Woods Ware, although I do a few pieces by other producers.



I am totally taken by its beautiful pastel shades and am truly in love with it and can't wait to get my dresser top fixed up and my kitchen painted so I can get some of it on display. I also love how the colours work so perfectly well with my Cath Kidston bits and pieces and not only is it pleasing to the eye but its also beautiful to use as well.



I have brought bits of my collection from all over the place, some from charity shops, some from ebay and some from vintage shops and were as some bits have been picked up at bargain prices some bits have cost a bit more as people are cashing in on how collectible these pieces have become.



This is the last picture I took of all my stash, although I have required a few more pieces that I got as an early mothers day present from the boys.  If you are interested in looking at some more Utility China in all its glory head over to the Flickr group or check out Jo's blog What do you make of my cake

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just popped over from flickr as I was enjoying your china collection. Johnson brothers and woodsware are my faves too, jasmine woodsware especially. Love the shape of the greydawn jug, I'm still on the lookout for one of those!

    Thanks for the little blog mention too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, I love your blog by the way and often drool over both your cakes and china collection. I think the Woods Ware Jasmine is my favourite and I don't think you can ever have too many jugs x

    ReplyDelete