Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chocolate Brownies....

This morning I did some baking with Little C as we haven't done any for a while and I decided on Brownies for today's bake.  I haven't made them for ages and I've seen a lot of pictures on Instagram that have made my mouth water.




I have been using the same Brownie recipe for a couple of years and I'm not sure where I got it from.  It's just written on a scrap of paper in my recipe folder.  I really like the results I get from this recipe and I sometimes mix it up with a few nuts or some raspberries for a change.

Here's the recipe if you fancy trying them: 

150g Plain flour
200g butter
300g caster sugar
4 eggs
80g Cocoa powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract 
1tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp salt
100g good quality dark chocolate


  • Preheat the over to 175C (165C for fan ovens) and grease and line a brownie tin.
  • Put the butter into a small saucepan and melt, put this to one side to cool.
  • Break your chocolate up into smallish pieces.
  • Sift your flour, baking powder and cocoa together and mix in the sugar and salt.
  • Whisk the eggs together with the vanilla extract and add to the dry ingredients. 
  • Mix in the slightly cooled butter so you have a batter and then fold in the chocolate pieces.
  • Scrape the mixture into the brownie tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.




Its the first time I have baked these in this particular oven and I found that 175C was a bit too high as they weren't as gooey in the middle as I would have liked, although they are still pretty scrummy.




I'm rather looking forward to sitting down later with a brownie, a nice hot cuppa and The Great British Bake Off this evening.    

No comments:

Post a Comment